Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Love is Blue

Happy Wednesday everyone! I'm mad at myself for not posting since Friday, but truth is, I was struggling to come up with something worth posting about, which made me feel worse so I just said I would write and see what happens. When I first started this process, all of a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I didn't mind how many people read what I wrote. What was important was just that I wrote for me.

So that's going to be my basis for everything here. To write about things I would enjoy reading about. I also find it very therapeutic. I've kept a diary since June 2002 when I was 15. I have all of these diaries (there are quite a few) locked away in a box. I don't think I've even looked at them in a few years but I like having them there. At first it was a way of remembering, I wanted to document what was happening in my life each day and I still do that, but now it's more a way of expressing how I feel about certain things and it's sort of my go to thing when I'm angry or upset about something. I've always found it hard to express how I feel to other people verbally which is why I like to write things down first when I want to say something important. The point of that long winded story is that I feel like doing this is in a way a continuation of what I started 8 years ago, only in a different medium.




My brother Jack and I


This is a photograph from around the time I started writing a diary of me in my school uniform with my baby brother who is now 13! How time flies! I will eventually sit down some day and read all of my diaries up to the present day. I am curious to see how different am I now compared to then. I just wanted to share that little bit of information about myself.

The title of my post refers to the song of the same title and it's "easy listening" recording by Paul Mauriat. It was recently in a episode of Millenium in which a certain character returns and uses the song as a form of torture, but I sort of love it!






I'm hoping to do a more creative post at the weekend, I wanted to do an outfit post on Sunday, but unfotunately I got caught in a downpour on the way home from church so I watched Role Models with my sister and her BF instead! "I've heard of popcorn in the face but this is ridiculous!"





I'm all about Paul Rudd lately it would seem! If you like Jane Lynch or McLovin' or Tracey Junior from 30 Rock or Seann William Scott (who I think is a very underrated comedic actor) or Elizabeth Banks or The State or Wet Hot American Summer or if you just like to laugh, then I would recommend this film. Oh, also I saw Noah Baumbach's new film Greenberg at the weekend, I'll tell you what I thought another time because I really should go to bed!


Night all, hope you have nice dreams and a lovely day tomorrow.

xxx Em

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...