Monday, January 16, 2012

When in Rome Part II

This is the final part of my Italy photos. There's a few so your patience is required if you dare to read on. 


RDT1

Leaving Borgo di Tragliata

RDT2

Yummy sandwich

RDT3

Colosseo

RDT4

These guys knew how to charm the tourists, sadly I was too clever to fall for it

RDT5

RDT6

RDT7

The Doctor sightseeing some more

RDT8

RDT9

RDT10

RDT11

RDT12

RDT13

RDT14

RDT15

RDT16

RDT17

More food! We went to a little restaurant off Campo di Fiori called Baffeto2 which we were recommended by my cousin. It was simple decor and service but really good food.

RDT18

This was my pizza, sausage, olives, mushroom, artichoke, peppers, onion and egg. Weird but a delicious combination

RDT19

I pointed out the Grow a New Wife thing to Eric. Kate wasn't impressed.

RDT20

Piano Key Neck Tie! (reference? anyone?)

RDT21

RDT22

I'm pretty proud of this photo what with the pose of the statue and the moon and all

RDT23

RDT24

RDT25

RDT26

RDT27

RDT28

RDT29

Strawberry, Lemon, Mango and Coconut Gelato!

RDT30

RDT31

RDT32

RDT33

RDT34

RDT35

We came across this building while looking for the Spanish steps which we never found

RDT36

RDT37

RDT38

RDT39

I saw this image of Amber Heard in the window of Guess and had to have my photo taken with it. I love her!

RDT40

Piazza della Repubblica 

RDT41

Our hotel room in Hotel Dama

This was definitely my favourite of the two days we spent in Rome. We didn't get to see much during the day apart from the Colosseum, but after dinner Kate, Eric, Simon, Lisa, Donnacha and I wandered off by ourselves without the "grown-ups" ;) and explored the city by walked back to our hotel from the restaurant via various tourist attractions and some not so touristy places. It was nice to see some of the places we had been to the previous day at night all lit up. We stopped off to get some gelato and got lost on the way but it was definitely my favourite part of the trip. Our hotel was so nice and so inexpensive. If anyone is thinking of going to Rome and wants a more in depth review or the hotel or recommendations on other things please feel free to email me! 

It had been so long since I'd left Ireland that I'd forgotten what it felt like to be in a place I didn't know and feel the excitement of exploring that place and seeing new things. I need to travel more.

You may have noticed things look a little different here. I'm trying to change a few things and make my blog a bit cleaner looking. I've also started a tumblr! I think tumblrs can be a great way to get to know bloggers a bit better. You may find you learn a bit more about me by taking a look at mine. It's still in it's infancy, but I'm quickly becoming addicted so there'll be plenty more to come!

Another reminder I'll be doing a giveaway with a difference soon! Only 4 more followers or 13 more posts to go. I'm very excited about it!

How was your weekend?

Emma x

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking me along to Rome, dear Emma! You look cute as can be in your poses and true to form many of your pictures are of the whimsical variety. That novelty shop was a scream. I am very impressed by that dramatic picture of the statue beholding the cloud shrouded moon. That one should be entered in a contest because it's A+ marvelous. I could eat five of those pizzas right this minute! Amber Heard is one of the world's most beautiful women and I was quite upset when her TV series The Playboy Club was canceled. I also looked at your tumblr and discovered that you and I both loved Freaks and Geeks. I'm still in love with Linda Cardellini. I also love the brilliant Tina Fey. What a fine assortment of images! Thank you very much, dear friend, and good night to you in Dublin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Zoolander (for the piano key necktie reference)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing time you must of had and all the beautiful photos! Love them! PS I appreciated the grow a new wife... hilarious!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that doctor really does get around :) That photo of the statue with the moon is incredible. You should have it enlarged and frame it. PS started following your tumblr! Its so addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so wonderful. I especially love the moon and fountain pictures! I have never been to Rome but would absolutley love to go, you have painted such a beautiful picture of it.
    I'm going to go and follow you on Tumblr right now :)
    Hope you are having a lovely week Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your photos, looks like it was an amazing trip! Sad you missed the Spanish steps, they are really beautiful. Especially on a sunny day. All your food pics made me hungry... now I'm craving gelato!

    xoxo,
    annie

    http://vintagediggs.com/2012/01/heels-to-clog-about/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled across your blog via Roisin's - I'm likin' your style! :)

    I have a photo of me alongside the two Roman soldiers outside the Collosseum - unfortuntely I did fall for it and the delightful picture depicts me pushing one away whilst the other tries to get his tongue in my ear... Not my favourite memory of my trip, but quite a funny photo all the same!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...