Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters

Last weekend I popped into Boots to stock up on all of the things I had run out of during the five weeks between pay days. I was waiting for my sister and decided to browse the make up stands not expecting to see anything I couldn't live without as I tend to do this once a week. Low and behold however, I saw a row of shiny new products on the Revlon stand, their new Colorburst Lip Butters. I've been waiting to try these out since I first heard about them last year and after reading and watching rave reviews on blogs and youtube I was sure I would love them. If you've been following me for a while, you'll know I love Revlon lip products, who doesn't? 

At just over €11, they are on the more pricey end of "drugstore" lip products, but there was a 3 for 2 on make up so I bought three of them for around €22, which meant they worked out at about €7.45 each. There are 20 shades in total but I think the Boots I was in only had about 11 of them and even at that it was hard to chose just three shades. I decided on three very different ones, but ones I knew I would wear. 

The three I chose were Crème Brulée , Sweet Tart and Candy Apple. Check them out below!

RLB2

RLB3

RLB1

RevlonSweetTart

RevlonCremeBrulee

RevlonCandyApple


First off I totally love the names! I love it when brands put thought and effort into things like packaging and names (especially nail polish names). Having said that, obviously if a product is really great then it really doesn't matter what it's called or what the packaging it like (unless it's super annoying), but for the sake of marketing, these are really cutesy and sweet. I also like how they've matched the colour of the outer casing with the colour of the particular Lip Butter. 

Made with Mango, Coconut and Shea Butter, they are supposed to hydrate your lips as well as keeping them soft and smooth. I've worn all three of them and they really are gorgeous to have on your lips, they feel like putting on a really nice smooth, non-sticky lip balm. The colour pay off is sheer to medium depending on the shade, but for something that is so hydrating the colour pay off on the Candy Apple and Sweet Tart shades are really quite amazing, better than a sheer lipstick. 

Candy Apple will be my red lipstick for the summer for the daytime when wearing full red lips is too much and Crème Brulée is great for wearing with heavier eye make up instead of a nude lipstick which can sometimes make you look too done up and Sweet Tart is a lovely alternative to those over the top pink lips, it's a really pretty summery colour. 

These are the product to use if you feel your lips are in need of moisture but you still want some colour on them or if you are someone who doesn't like that lipsticks can feel too drying sometimes (my sister would love these as she always hated how lipstick felt).

Have you tried these lips butter? or any other ones? Have you any recommendations for Spring/Summer lip products?

Emma x

PS. This is my 200th post! 

6 comments:

  1. Obviously I have no reason for commenting other than to say that all three shades look great on your lips and to thank you for your continued friendship and support. I hope your wintry weather comes to an end soon, dear friend Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy Apple and Sweet Tart are gorgeous, Candy Apple especially! Love how moisturising and smooth they look, but super pigmented as well. Hurrah for your 200th post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these in our local drug store the other day and thought about buying one but I wasnt sure it would be worth the price. I might need to go back and get the Sweet Tart and Candy Apple shades. Time for a weird question, do you use lip scrub or are you lips just naturally that smooth? I always feel like my lipsticks clump after some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought the price was a bit steep for a glorified lip balm but I do really like them! I've never used a specific lip scrub although I have wanted to try one of the Lush ones for a while now (even though I do think it's an unnecessary product) I just use my facial exfoliator as a lip scrub. When I'm washing my face I put it on my lips too and rub it in real good to get rid of any dead skin and then put on a lip balm overnight so my lips are well moisturised in the morning for lipstick time! Otherwise my lipstick would definitely clump!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure my eyes actually lit up when I saw this post. Can't wait to try these out. I love your makeup reviews, and your photos are amazing! The lippies are way more pigmented than I'd have thought...

    Hope you're having a lovely Easter xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...