Saturday, June 11, 2016

Lancôme Miracle Air De Teint

This is actually the only foundation I've ever bought on a whim. When I went to Liverpool back in February I stupidly decided to not bring any foundation with me but instead to buy Estée Lauder Double Wear Light at the airport as I had just run out of it. Of course the inevitable happened and they didn't have any, apparently it isn't stocked in Duty Free anymore. I had to quickly look around and choose a foundation so I had something to use on my trip.

Having never tried a Lancôme foundation I went to that stand first and had a couple of choices in my hand but in the end what sold me on Miracle Air de Teint was that it had the lightest coverage (I like that they have a coverage guide on the front of the box of each of their foundations) and claimed to give the skin a matte glow with blurring technology.

LADT1

I was immediately intrigued when I read "matte glow creator" on the box, after all who doesn't want their skin glowing but not oily looking? I loved the idea that it was supposed to feel light but also skin perfecting. There were no sales assistants nearby so I decided to shade match myself without even looking up reviews online. I went for the palest shade that was on the stand, which it turns out is actually the third lightest shade but is surprisingly quite a good match for me,  if anything it was possibly ever so slightly too dark on me, but not very noticeably especially once blended out and with the rest of my make up applied.

LADT2

The only thing that concerned me right before I took it to the checkout was the packaging. It comes in a glass bottle which is not the most ideal packaging for travelling with but it wasn't a huge concern. To apply the foundation, it's recommended you shake it up first. I usually then apply to my fingers with the dropper and pat around my face before blending with my Zoeva Silk Finish Brush (which by the way is an unbelievable brush!). Lancôme recommend blending with your fingers but I find the brush the easiest way to get the best finish.

I was smitten from the first time I used this, because it has a thinner formula, it blended out incredibly easily but you still get a medium coverage. It feels beautifully light on my skin, like velvet. You get such a gorgeous finish from this so quickly, it's such a pleasure to apply, definitely the easiest foundation to blend that I have ever used. It also has a light rosy scent as is the case with most Lancôme products but I don't find it strong enough to be offensive.

LADT3
LADT4

I have no idea how it works but Lancôme have used new technology that blurs imperfections in the skin and a powder that is 25 times lighter than that in a normal foundation so it feels lightweight but keeps the skin mattified yet radiant.

What initially seemed completely contradictory somehow works and I think you'll agree after looking at the photos below that my skin does look both matte and glowing.

LMADT2
Bare Moisturised Skin

As you can see my skin has a few more freckles than usual but I think it actually helps to see the true coverage more clearly.  My complexion is even and my pores and blemishes are blurred but you can still see my skin through it which is exactly what I like in a foundation.

LMADT4
Only Foundation

Even though it mattifies my skin, I still powder the centre of my face as my nose always gets oily throughout the day. However it's not completely necessary, especially if you have dry skin. I find it lasts really well all day, it doesn't separate or sit in my pores and it keeps oil under control as well as Double Wear light which I never thought I would find in another foundation. 

I have combination skin so I can suffer with dryness but I haven't found that to be an issue whatsoever. If you have dehydrated or dry skin I think you could definitely wear this, I would just make sure you're using a hydrating serum if you're concerned with it clinging to dry patches on your skin. It also contains SPF 15 so it's been great in the hot weather having a foundation with SPF that keeps my skin a lot more matte than my other foundations. 

LMADT7
Full make up with powder on the T-Zone

It was quite risky of me to pay for a high end foundation that I knew nothing about and shade match myself, but I'm delighted that I did because I'll definitely be repurchasing this once I run out.

I'm also wearing Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette, 24/7 Liquid Eye Liner in Perversion, Afterglow Blush in Score, Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara (which is my current favourite), Clarins Instant Concealer and Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk.

Miracle Air de Teint is available in Boots, Debenhams and Brown Thomas for approximately €39 and at The Loop at Dublin Airport for about €33.15.

Have you tried this or any other of Lancôme's foundations?

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...