Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Well In The Garden- Cliff At Lyons Hotel

A couple of weeks ago I was very kindly invited to the Cliff at Lyons hotel in Celbridge to have a look at their new wellness spa, The Well in the Garden. The hotel is comprised of a number of historic stone buildings that include a mill, a cookery school, meeting rooms, apartments, cottages, restaurants and the tiniest chapel you've ever seen. Among these buildings is the newly renovated Carriage House which has now been transformed into a beautiful, tranquil space where you can receive a number nourishing and relaxing, botanical inspired treatments.

The photos don't even begin to do this place justice. We arrived in Cliff at Lyons on one of the most dreary days we've had so far this Autumn, it was dull and raining and yet as soon as the bus drove through the gates we were all gasping at the stunning grounds of the hotel. We began with a tour by the lovely hotel staff who told us about the history of the hotel and brought us into all of the buildings and different areas to show us how much there is on offer. The apparently have a lot of weddings throughout the year and I can totally see why as this location is unlike any Irish wedding location I've ever been to. 

CL19 CL20 CL17 CL17-2 CL16 CL15 CL14 CL13 CL12 CL12-2 CL11 CL21 CL10 CL9 CL8 CL7 CL5 CL6 CL4 CL3 CL2 CL1

They offer some one of a kind treatments which include Peat for the Feet, Hug of the Hands Massage and a Hot Towel Head and Scalp Ritual all of which you can read about in the photos below. Something that I really loved and is a unique selling point of The Well in the Garden is that all of the products used in the treatments are made from 100% natural ingredients including Irish peat, carrageen moss and hand-crushed herbs from the garden on the grounds of the hotel. There are also three different combinations of oils to choose from during your massage, the De-Stress with Calendula and Bergamot Serenity Oil, the Deep Tissue with Rosemary and Cedar Muscle Relax Oil and the Mother to be Super Seed Massage Oil, all of which smell incredible.

I had a half hour back massage and exfoliating treatment. This was my first ever massage so I wasn't sure what to expect and didn't have anything to compare it to, but seeing everyone come back from their treatments looking so relaxed got me excited for my turn. The treatment room was so cosy with dim light, candles and relaxing music. My masseuse, Niamh, was so friendly and professional but made me feel completely comfortable. She asked if I had any particular concerns with my back so I told her I suffer with sciatic pain from heavy lifting in work. She also asked what kind of pressure I wanted and I said it was my first massage so I'd leave it up to her and she said if it was too hard to let her know. She used an exfoliating treatment, hot towels and brushes and then massaged my back, shoulders, arms and neck. It was such a completely relaxing experience, I honestly could have fallen asleep. I could have easily stayed there for another half hour (or more).

As the treatments were running late on the day (because the masseuses wanted to give each of us a thorough treatment), we were kindly treated to a meal in the Trellis restaurant. I had the cod which was so delicious and the prices were very reasonable. You can also avail of their Afternoon Tea which is €30 per person midweek and €35 on a Sunday or their Sunday lunch which is €40 for a three course meal, the menus for both had me salivating. Both are served in the Orangery which is pictured above and is the most gorgeous, bright room with beautiful views of the grounds.

As well as the treatments I've already mentioned, you can take part in Yoga and Meditation and there are also wellness treatments for mothers to be and people living with cancer.

I was so blown away by the Cliff at Lyons that I felt compelled to share my experience. I had no idea this place existed and less than an hour outside Dublin. If you're planning a wedding or a party or event I would highly recommend checking out their website to discover more. I definitely want to make a return visit and stay overnight to properly enjoy the gorgeous grounds (and maybe partake in Afternoon Tea). It could also be a really nice gift idea with Christmas coming up to treat someone to Afternoon Tea or a treatment in the spa. I'm all about giving people experiences rather than things (as much as I love makeup) there's nothing more special than giving someone your time and a shared memory, as completely cheesy as that sounds.

So what do you think? Have you visited the Cliff at Lyons or does it appeal to you?

Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...